Posted: 22 Novenber, 2018
Would you like to be part of a creative and dynamic team?
Are you an individual that likes to leave a legacy?
Can you inspire a group of people to continue to develop and move forward?
Would you like to be part of Scottish Rowing and Scottish Student Sport's new Student Development Group, who are looking to make progressive, dynamic and exciting changes to how we develop and race as student crews and individuals, if so then read on………….
We have vacancies for people like you to join our team and new development group of students for students.
So what is this role I hear you say?
Role Title: Scottish Rowing Student Development Group Committee Member (Volunteer)
Where (Location) Various as we take our meetings around the country
Time Commitment – Minimum of 3 – 4 meetings per year, with some further informal catch up’s in between.
Role description: The Rowing Development Group has been established to guide the work of SSS in rowing. As a member, you will work with the rest of the group to create and deliver a development plan across a range of areas including competition, workforce, club development, and publicity. You will help to set policy for rowing and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time. Overall, you will represent the interests of all member institutions and student clubs to improve rowing for students in Scotland.
- Contribute to generation of Rowing Sport Development Plan
- Work within group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Drive specific outcomes as agreed by Chair and Development Group
- Gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on Development Group areas of work
- Develop sport specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required skills, qualities and experience:
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student rowing in Scotland
- Knowledge of rowing landscape in Scotland
- Commitment to represent student rowing clubs to drive rowing forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training and support available:
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
Recruitment process: Application is by CV and cover letter (max. 3 sides A4), sent to Adam Hardy: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th November